- Graduated in law from the University of Liège (B) in June 1998, he attended additional classes in Luxembourg law until he was sworn in at the Diekirch bar in April 1999.
- He first worked within the legal firm URBANY until March 2002, then set up on his own after that date.
- Alongside his professional activities, he is involved in the promotion and defense of human rights within Amnesty International Luxembourg and the Lëtzebuerger Flüchtlingsrot.
- Member of the Consultative Commission on Human Rights, former elected member of the Council of the Bar Association of Luxembourg. Chairman of the Legal Aid Committee and member of the Immigration and Asylum Committee at the Luxembourg Bar.
- He also acts as a counsel for various associations and has a regular slot in a programme of the public radio (FM 100.7).
- Mr. WIES will correspond with you in Luxembourgish, German, French and English.